I was reintroduced to the Bonnie Tyler, the bleached and permed wonder, and to the TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART video clip by chance this last week (ok - it's my secret karaoke and shower song after big happy nights)...
This clip is classic 80s at it's best - and most confusing. Help me with this...
- 'Bright Eyes' is fucking EVIL?
- why are they ripping off The Cure, Charlotte Sometimes music video clip?
- what's with the American Football players dancing (and, for that matter, dancing ninjas?)
- why have they ripped off Prince Charming, Adam & The Ants choreography (look closely when the crew of 'freaks' dance up the stairs of the manor.. their little bum jiggles just confuse me)
- what is the whole thing about?
- what's with the graduation ceremony at the end of the clip??
WHO IS BRIGHT EYES - REALLY?
(references to The League of Gentlemen, for those who get it, welcome...)
What is your favourite music video clip from the 80s?
Devo's WHIP IT comes a second close but that personifies early electro coooool....