Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
it's a plus if there are nuts in.
roast and skin the aubergine and then fry it with browned onions, cumin seeds, a dash of chilli powder, some yoghurt and a spoonful of mint sauce. Cook till dry. Awesome.
with fresh chillis
the mint sauce
aubergine is the 'meat' vegetable
That's like calling sloth the 'vegetarian' meat.
But. Shut up.
thats the awesome bit. Stop fucking with a classic recipe or I'll come round to yours.
to come round and cook. I fancy that
I don't know.
with pine nuts and parmesan
and I've lots of Arborio in the arborio cupboard
pour on some couscous, spices etc
add a thin layer of water
boil it off
serve, perhaps with cheese, perhaps not.
sound Bond Villainish?
i can't do these
go on, take a run up.
The Man With The Golden Cadbury's Chocolate Finger?
Almonds are forever?
Live and let fry?
Casino Royale with cheese?
I've just realised this makes no sense at all.
sorry for any distress this may have caused.
tomorrow never fries
4x Aubergines, about 200g each
1x400g canned Italian chopped tomatoes
200g pre-cooked Spinach, drained and chopped
2 mozzarella balls, drained and sliced
100g Pecorino cheese, grated
80g Pine kernels, toasted
3 tbsp flat-leaf Parsley, chopped
4 tbsp Italian Olive oil
1 ciabatta bread, sliced, drizzled with olive oil and toasted on a griddle pan
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 5.
2. Cut the aubergines in half, place them on a baking tray and bake them in the oven for no longer than 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the flesh of the aubergines to make a hollow cavity, keeping the skin intact.
4. Chop up the flesh and in a large bowl, mix it with the spinach, pine kernels, parsley, pecorino cheese and chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix well.
5. Stuff the aubergines with the mixture and place them on a baking tray. Lay the mozzarella slices on top, drizzle with the remaining oil and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until they are golden and the cheese has melted.
6. Serve immediately with the toasted ciabatta bread.
please make it for me
Has to be.