Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
something that involves vegtables probably.
1 bag Anya potatoes
For the beer battered potato
110g/4oz self raising flour
85-125ml/3-4fl oz beer
2 tbsp plain flour, for coating
For the leek and cream Anya potatoes
120ml/4fl oz double cream
2 baby leeks, sliced
1 tbsp chives, chopped
55g/2oz cheese, grated
1. Heat deep fat fryer to 190C/375F or one third fill a large pan with vegetable oil. To test if oil is to the correct temperature, drop a small cube of bread in the oil, if it sizzles and turns golden the oil is ready to use. (CAUTION: hot oil is very dangerous. Do not leave unattended.)
2. For the beer battered potato, put the flour and salt in a bowl and slowly add the beer and egg, beating all the time until a batter is formed.
3. Slice 110g/4oz potatoes lengthways.
4. Coat the potato in the flour then into the batter.
5. Deep fry for 2-3 minutes until golden and cooked through.
6. For the anya chips, cut 110g/4oz Anya potato into wedges.
7. Deep fry for 2-3 minutes until golden.
8. Drain on kitchen paper and serve sprinkled with salt.
9. For the leek and cream Anya potatoes; cut 110g/4 oz potatoes in half.
10. Boil until tender and drain.
11. Return to the pan and add the other ingredients.
12. Heat for two minutes and serve.
13. For the boiled potato, cut 110g/4oz potatoes in half.
14. Boil until tender and drain.
15. Season and serve with a knob of butter.
16. For the char grilled potatoes, cut 110g/4oz potatoes in half.
17. Par boil for 6-7 minutes and drain.
18. Heat a griddle pan and brush the potatoes with oil.
19. Griddle until crisp and cooked.
It's just a thought, like
like to call it 'Judge_B surprise'
you're better off sticking it in a hot dog bun, for safety