I'm a male vocalist/guitarist and Ive recently been writing/recording material at my home in E5. I'm now looking to recruit band members to rehearse, gig, record with etc.
My main influences include:
- And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
- Echo & The Bunnymen
- Howling Bells
- My Bloody Valentine
- The Pixies
- Sonic Youth
- Throwing Muses
You can have a listen to the results here: www.myspace.com/whoarethespoilers
I dont want to present myself as a 'sensitive singer/songwriter' type with an anonymous 'backing band', as I much rather see this project in the vein of something like QOTSA, with myself as a figurehead playing with a distinct group of musical individuals who can come and go as they please, staying for as long (or as short a time) as they/we feel comfortable/happy working together. As long as those that wish to join are immediately up front about their long-term plans, ie: how long you intend to stick around etc, then there shouldn't be a problem. I will grant you equal respect in that matter.
If you're fine with this scenario, then please read on...
1) I need reliable and committed female/male musicians to cover the following:
- 2nd Guitar (playing a mixture of lead & rhythm)
Ideally, you'd all possess your own equipment.
2) Ability is important, but I'm not seeking a bunch of math-rockers that mistake technique for excitement. I like musicians that serve the material they're playing rather than using it merely as a platform to show off their prowess with their chosen instrument.
3) I'd like at least one band member capable of providing backing vocals. You don't have to be Aretha Franklin or Robert Plant to qualify.
4) Regards location, I'd prefer to hear from people that live close to where I'm based (Stoke Newington) or at least live in the London area. It just makes things easier re hooking up for rehearsals/gigs/recording etc.
5) Age is open. I'm not bothered about how fresh-faced or wrinkly you are as long as you can oblige with all that Ive said so far. At the end of the day, it's wordily, sociable, good-humoured types with a mature mindset and relaxed nature that I'm looking for.
6) I have the songs in place, some decent contacts and I'm fully focused on the direction which I intend to take this project in. All I need are the right people who are happy to go along with this.
If you are already in a band or have your own side-project, then that's NOT a problem. All I require is that you can reasonably commit to at least one weekly rehearsal and any gigs/recording time etc.
If, however, you are a session player seeking payment or, a musician looking for a vehicle to unleash a catalogue of your own songs upon, then this is NOT the band for you.
I don't mean to sound arsey or egotistical, and I certainly don't want to scare anyone off, its just that I don't want to mislead anybody that might be interested.
If you're cool with ALL of the above and you're keen to find out more, then send me a PM with some contact details and info/links about yourself and I'll get back to you asap. Thanks for reading.