There must be the right drummer out there for us somewhere! Drummer #1 left to concentrate on a Physics degree then moved to America. Drummer #2 went to Switzerland for a year. Drummer #3 quit to concentrate on his other band where he sings and plays piano. Drummer #4 has also just moved to Swtizerland believe it or not.
We are currently fulfilling gigs we have booked with drummer #2 who is back in the country but he is not a long term solution and we need a permanent drummer to join as soon as possible.
We need a committed drummer, either in London, Brighton, or the south-east, or willing to move there, to join up. You don't have to currently be at a completely loose end, but you will need to be able to play gigs in London and Brighton and the surrounding areas on any given night of the week, about once a week (on average) for the foreseeable future, and be willing to quit your job / university or whatever (should it not be flexible) should the opportunity to tour more frequently arise / be necessary at some point early next year.
Some info about the band :
- We are currently working on a release by release basis with cool indie label This Is Fake DIY Records - www.thisisfakediyrecords.co.uk
- We have released two singles to date, one (Forever On The Edge) on Alcopop! Records in October 2007, and another (Change The Record) in April 2008 on Fake DIY. Both were single of the week on the Steve Lamacq show, and in May I did an interview with Lamacq as his "new favourite band". Huw Stephens is also a fan of the band and has played us umpteen times on his Radio 1 show. 8/10 review of Forever On The Edge here : http://drownedinsound.com/releases/11684
- We are close to signing a management deal (as soon as we have a drummer in place), and continue to receive major label interest - we've been told by certain insiders that all we really need is a fixed, committed lineup (which we now have apart from the drummer!) and we're well away!
- We have an albums worth of material recorded and will probably be releasing it early next year in some form or other.
- We have bases in both South London and Brighton, and can rehearse just as easily in Croydon or Brighton.
- We are mainly compared to late 80s / early 90s American alt-rock bands like Guided By Voices, Pavement, Built To Spill, Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr, Weezer, Archers Of Loaf etc.
- With a charismatic, committed, and competent drummer, it is my belief that we almost cannot fail to succeed.
If you think you are the right person for the job, then please get in touch :