*taken from www.thistownneedsguns.com*
So following on from yesterdays announcement, we'll be looking to get someone new to come in and take over bass duties from Dan. We're not in a huge rush, so we'll be concentrating on making sure we get the right person. We'd like to try out as many people as possible, but we're hoping to have someone pretty much confirmed for the position by the beginning of August. The album should be coming out in October, so we have a pretty hectic touring schedule pencilled in from around September continuing into the beginnning of next year. Nothing is confirmed yet but there is talk of doing some pretty swish tours with pretty swish bands. So anyway just bare in mind the fact that we're going to need someone who is dedicated and can play bass to a high standard.
Here's a rough outline for what we're looking for:
- A love of music (and an enjoyment of the kind of music we play).
- To share our desire for making music that pushes our own technical and creative boundaries, stimulates listeners and is open to all.
- Proficiency in playing the bass (or other bass frequency emitting instrument, (tuba players need not apply)).
- Your own bass and bass rig would be useful, although technically not essential. I’m sure we can sort something out on a short term basis. You will need to invest in your own equipment eventually though.
- A willingness to make sacrifices in other areas of life for the sake of the band. We’re not saying that this band needs to be your life, but at the same time you should probably forget about going on holiday for a while, as any holiday you get from work should be saved so we can tour. If you are prepared to do temp work between touring that would probably be best.
- Be around to practise between 1-4 times a week. It'd probably be best if you moved to Oxford before too long if you're not here already!
- Touring the UK and further afield in September, October and beyond.
- Other instrumental abilities.
- Driving licence and owning a car/van.
- Have enough money to fund the overheads for a world tour.
Contact us at email@example.com
Hear some of our stuff here: