Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
he was excellent
should be good.
what will be even better is that i'm going with a girl(who is a)friend and my mate who is petrified of girls and hates them.
that will be funny.
at 12 bar but would be nice to see with a band.
im hoping very soon, so it will be an entry for the mercury music awards and beat artic monkeys, which is certain to win this year.
er, what? have you seen a mercury music awards show before? the biggest sellers NEVER win.
take that were nominated! :D
That was a cracker of a year. Nice work.
* Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand
* The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free
* The Zutons - Who Killed... The Zutons
* Amy Winehouse - Frank
* Keane - Hopes and Fears
* Snow Patrol - Final Straw
* Basement Jaxx - Kish Kash
* Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions
* Belle & Sebastian - Dear Catastrophe Waitress
* Jamelia - Thank You
* Robert Wyatt - Cuckooland
* Ty - Upwards
i'm pretty sure franz wouldn't have been the biggest-selling in that list.
* Blur â€“ Parklife
* M People â€“ Elegant Slumming
* Ian McNabb â€“ Head Like A Rock
* Shara Nelson â€“ What Silence Knows
* Michael Nyman â€“ The Piano Concerto and MGV
* The Prodigy â€“ Music for the Jilted Generation
* Pulp â€“ His'n'Hers
* Take That â€“ Everything Changes
* Therapy? â€“ Troublegum
* Paul Weller â€“ Wild Wood
were The Streets and Keane, the latter of which would never win due to being incredibly shit.
snow patrol didn't sell more? that does surprise me.
'kin Take That ruining my M People answers. Damn them.
is the biggest seller in that list.
Yes, even more than Take That.
In the UK, anyway. Which is where it matters.
but it's true though - they usually say the biggest-selling wont win it.