Because we haven’t picked over the carcass of 2014 quite enough yet, just how good was 2014?
Intermingle your top fives from 2014 and 2013 in your current order of preference (noting the year after each, 1 best, 10 least best). Does the oft-mooted (on these boards at least) idea of 2014 being an OK year (with no truly great albums) really stand up?
2014 DiSer’s votes thread here:
2013 DiSer’s votes thread here:
Yes, it’s backwards looking, but I need an excuse to rank/list something…
1. Moderat - II (2013)
2. Panda Riot - Northern Automatic Music (2013)
3. John Hopkins - Immunity (2014)
4. Inventions - Inventions (2013)
5. Spotlight Kid - Ten Thousand Hours (2014)
6. Yo La Tengo - Fade (2013)
7. Stara Rzeka - Cień Chmury Nad Ukrytym Polem (CD version) (2013)
8. Ian William Craig - A Turn Of Breath (2013)
9. Cheatahs - Cheatahs (2014)
10. Eric Holm - Andoya (2014)
So, er, from this I conclude that nothing from last year displaces my top three from 2013. How exciting.