So, this is the period where you think an artist has been at peak awesomeness. You may still love them, but this was when this was when they were knocking out their best stuff. Flawless stuff.
Some rules, which you can use or ignore depending on whether they shackle or free you.
- They have to made more than one major release (one brilliant album isn't a patch, it could be 3 years of great singles but if it's 3 singles from the same recording period, I'm not so sure, but there's plenty of dance artists that go through years of brilliant singles so it shouldn't be album-centric)
I'll start, and then immediately regret not including loads of better ones.
1) Orbital (1993-1998)
2) Beastie Boys (1989-1992)
3) Future of the Left (2007-2009)
4) The Wonder Stuff (1987-1990)
5) Frightened Rabbit (2008 to present)
6) Afghan Whigs (1993-1996)
7) Aphex Twin (1992-1997)
8) Nine Inch Nails (1989-1993)
9) Mega City Four (1986-1991)
10) El-P (2012-present)