Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
I am looking forward to Action Bronson, Jon Hopkins, Charlie XCX and Daughter.
in a neat little clashfinder.
First time I've been to Beacons. Couldn't turn down easily the best festival lineup for under £100.
Looking forward to Jon Hopkins, Daughter, East India Youth and pretty much the entire main stage on Sunday. Fell in love with Galaxians and Night Flowers at Tramlines so those two.
Seemed really chill, nice people. good food. Looking forward to the full festival this year
Also, everyone go watch Adult Jazz.
I hear it's lovely.
so it would be rude not to. Hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be a week or so late for all the good weather.
Anyway looking forward to Adult Jazz, Money, BSP, Cate Le Bon, Sweet Baboo....
I hope you're wrong about the weather :/
should be real swell guys
The line up this year didn't grab me unfortunately (I feel they need to swing a bit towards more established acts rather than up-and-comers), but I'll return soon as it's local to where I grew up.
Real ale tent is a massive plus point.
Wasn't really up for it this year because of £££ but got offered the chance to review it and my friend was really keen so I said yeah and now they've dropped out after I said it's not really appropriate to get to the festival at 9pm on the first night of music and they've refused to drive on their own in case they 'get lost', so that's wonderful.
Liverpool are playing Dortmund in a pre-season friendly too which I'm gonna miss :(
For all my moaning though I can't wait cos it's one of if not the best small festivals of the year and there's plenty for me to be seeing. Most excited to see Charli XCX and Eagulls for the first time post album release.
Bigger than Truck/2000 Trees I presume?
Any Thursday night entertainment or any of the stages open?
How many people are arriving thursday night for Beacons?
We're planning our DJs, films and fun and games. Looks like the Hot Dog eating comp by Diamond Dogs and the Dough vs Dude Pizza eating comp will be in the house plus 'Knock Us Out karaoke' doing a Rap special
A mate is selling them for £80... Get in touch ASAP
Cheaper than buying a ticket from Beacons. Send me a message if you want it.
shame, but should make for some good mudsliding in only underpants
Is anyone doing the fancy dress? I've left it a bit late but maybe I'll get some comically small womens clothes from asda tonight
Think its showers over the weekend a bit heavy friday night, am I right in thinking that all the stages are tents anyway?
- perfectly sized for what it was.
- jon hopkins the obvious highlight. the light balls that came down during open eye signal were fantastic.
- darkside, daniel avery, daphni
- security were pretty lax and friendly the entire weekend.
- forgetting how much i love the pains of being pure at heart.
- dough boys pizza.
- most bands. tall ships, neneh cherry, joanna gruesome
- charli xcx pulling out :(
- sitting on a camping chair drenched awake all of the last night because my tent was underwater. probably the worst weather i've ever been at a festival with.
- silent disco djs being totally dreadful. mixture of kasabian and musical numbers. the silent disco team they get for every festival seem to have one playlist to accomodate all.
overall, very fun though. will probably go again if the lineup is anywhere near as good.
was there saturday and sunday. it was my first beacons and can't wait to go back next year. even with the ridiculous weather on sunday we had a great time.
everything about it just works. the setup, the crowd, the lineup, the atmosphere.
+++++ (i don't work for beacons)
Very glad I did (and not just because of the ATP clusterfuck). Much better than last year in terms of the bill and the organisation, and the crowd seemed friendlier too - right balance of dance hedonists, families and ale-sipping DiSers so none felt overpowering. Still skipped Darkside though because of Bertha smashing our tents up.
JAGy jag, did some more words over yonder: http://endlesswindow.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/live-report-beacons-festival-2014.html
- Dam-Funk - really livened things up for me.
- Witnessing the unenviable task bestowed upon festival organisers to interrupt THE FALL and get them off stage. Band were good too but the pantomime drama was better as was Mark E. Smith's classic reaction of wandering around the stage turning all of the amps up after they'd been cut from the PA and trying to find a mic to sing into.
- Darkside, Speedy Ortiz, The Wytches, a lot of the dance acts in the evening, all grand
- Psychemagik dropping a remix of Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere under a small cover surrounded by torrential rain.
- Particularly friendly crowd
- Particularly amazing festival food. every meal I ate was delicious. Special shout outs to the thai food van (also selling Rio - ideal mixer) and the really sensational vegetarian Indian place with sheltered seating.
- Fat White Family. A real turd of a band.