Since the weekly Last.fm thread seems to have gradually phased itself out perhaps a more infrequent monthly appearance is in order. As usual comments as well as numbers encouraged. In April I was listening to:
1) Throwing Muses - 120
2) Robyn - 87
3) The Clash - 34
4) De Rosa - 33
5) Half Man Half Biscuit - 32
6) Kvelertak - 30
7) The Twilight Sad - 29
8) Anais Mitchell - 26
9a) Okkervil River - 15
9b) future of the left - 15
1) Continuing gradually acquiring their back catalogue; this was mostly Limbo and The Real Ramona but I've also recently got University and House Tornado. Can't seem to track down their debut anywhere, which is a shame as it seems very well regarded. Definitely loving this band, thanks to whoever it was who had Purgatory/Paradise in their top 2013 albums!
2) Always knew she had some good singles, but assumed like many pop albums I'd find her albums a bit high on filler. Terrible assumption that was, fortunately corrected via the medium of picking up her self titled in Poundland then immediately going and buying Body Talk. Think my favourite Robyn is sassy attitude Robyn (love the song with Snoop Dogg) though robot obsessed Robyn is a close second.
3) Listened to London Calling for the first time in a while. Still amazing.
4) Revisting their stuff after finding out they were getting back together. Definitely were under rated.
5, 8, 9a/b - Pretty much stuff I'll always listen to a bit.
6) Finally got around to getting their first album after enjoying Meir. It's a bit less consistent but the highs are probably higher.
7) Post RSD purchase 14 Autumns . . . listening. Such a good album, really uncomfortable listening at times with all the death obsession. Some good stuff on the bonus demos too.