As a counter to all the positivity in the 10 favourite album threads, what are your 5 biggest disappointing album releases and why? Others can say what a miserable bastard you are...
1. Twilight Sad – No One Can Ever Know (why they dropped all that made the first two albums decent and pursued some guitarless direction, dull)
2. Sonic Youth – A Thousand Leaves (snore – so Hoarfrost and Sunday are jolly, but the rest is a desperate trudge)
3. Curve – Come Clean (you’re not NIN, get back to what you’re good at)
4. The Flaming Lips – The Soft Bulletin (after two albums of schizophrenic mood shifts and blistering guitars, you went production mad and produced this insipid mess)
5. Elbow – Seldom Seen Kid (seldom heard album, stop trying so hard to please the crowds Guy)