just looking for a bit of slowcore, sadcore, shoegazey, ambient, new classical, sightly prog rock-y folky stuff...
sorry lads, no indie points on offer for voicing your disappoval at any of those terms, or claiming they aren't related or don't even exist. we're all adults afterall.
basically, i like bits of all those genres, without really being a huge fan of any. with stuff like slowcore there are thin, thin lines between what's good and what's wet, and with stuff like shoegaze and prog rock between what's listenable and what's for dads. glad we all agree.
- Low, Gregor Samsa, Sun Kil Moon (not so much RHP. Songs:Ohia, Ida etc)
- the more melodic, less overly droney bits of shoegaze
- ambient stuff like Epic 45, Trouble Books, erm...Sigur Ros
- modern 'classical' artists like Danny Norbury, Max Richter, Olafur Arnalds, the album 'Remmings' by Anoice
- strange folk, like David Thomas Broughton, early Banhart
- American Football (but nothing much more emo-y)
- female singer-songwriters like Josephine Foster, Marissa Nadler, Jana Hunter, early Cat Power
- coffee table/dad slowcore (90% of it)
- pointles NOISE
- pointless DRONE
- the shoegazy stuff that's basically not far off being the Stone Roses, like Galaxie 500 (wot?)
- too many beeps and bleeps
- Pitchfork-championed ambient stuff that's so sparse it's ridiculous
- orthodoxy country-folk