That's kinda crazy isn't it? Maybe moreso if you saw those early shows when they were first on at White Heat, opened DiS nights at the Barfly and played the tiniest stage at Truck. Of course their rise seemed likely, but with the complexity of their songs, and the way the 'mainstream' is, it never quite seemed inevitable.
Given that Biffy and Frightened Rabbit have done really well recently too, does this mean we might see more great British acts bubble to the fore this year, and if so, who could and should it be? Or is this just a blip for a few bands who've slogged it out done good (with, to be fair, a wad of major label dosh behind them)?
Here's what the official chart press release had to say:
Official Albums Chart: Foals land highest charting album of their career
Foals have landed the highest charting album of their career with third studio project Holy Fire!
It was looking like a contender for the top spot on Wednesday’s Official Chart Update, however, despite a strong midweek lead, Holy Fire was pipped to the Number 1 slot by less than 1,000 copies as they raced over Sunday’s finish line. The Motion Picture Cast Recording of Tom Hooper’s big screen adaptation of Les Miserables maintains its hold at the peak for a fourth (non-consecutive) week.
By landing the Number 2 slot today, Oxford rockers Foals pick up a personal best; 2008’s Antidotes and 2010’s Total Life Forever peaked at Number 3 and Number 8.
- Relevant artist taggings:
- Foals »[x]
- The Don't Fucking Cares »[x]
- The Sell-Outs »[x]
- Kissy Sellout »[x]
- Play Radio Play »[x]
- DJ Cash Money »[x]
- In Photos: Foals @ Royal Albert Hall, London
- Q1 2013 Editor's Picks: From Bowie to Jason Molina - 13 Must Reads
- Latitude 2013 confirms Kraftwerk, Foals, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bloc Party + Spotify playlist
- DiS Digest: February 2013's Album of the Month, Playlist + more...
- Watch: Suede, Foals, Richard Hawley, The Cribs, Everything Everything live for 6 Music
- Foals - Holy Fire
- "'Inhaler' almost didn't make it onto the album": DiS meets Yannis from Foals
- My Top 10 live performances of 2012 by Dom Gourlay