Was having a discussion last night with some DiS writers about writing reviews, and the things other people do that irk us or that we worry we do that really piss off other people.
I guess a lot of the time I write some things knowing it will rub certain people up the wrong way. Not really in a trolling sense, but moreso because I hate the idea of compromising my writing for the sake of being agreeable. Perhaps that makes me a shoddy writer, but I personally love writing that tells you as honestly as possible what someone thinks, and if that is breathless glee, then I'll probably be swept up by it and find myself listening to the album before I've finished reading the review. Enthusiasm - done right - can be really infectious.
Pet hate: words like sophomore
- Melt! 2011, Germany - The DiS Review
- In Photos: Editors @ Royal Albert Hall, London
- In Photos: Glastonbury Festival 2010 - Day 3
- Bands cancel shows following Israel's flotilla raid
- iLiKETRAiNS Tour Diary Part 2
- iLiKETRAiNS Tour Diary Part 1
- In Photos: Editors @ Brixton Academy, London
- The Strange Death Of Liberal England release single, hit the road