Splendid night of live music in Bury St Edmunds Rock City this Friday - come down and cut loose!
Friday 5th October
Washing Machine @ The Hunter Club, Bury St Edmunds
THE SOFT's astonishing ascent over the past 12 months has seen them rise from their humble bedroom beginnings to become all-conquering heroes of The Great Escape and Latitude festivals, via mountains of hype from BBC Introducing and Drownedinsound.com. This is their first hometown headline show and possibly your last chance to catch their stupendous dance-ambient-shoegaze sound in a venue this size. Joining them are fellow hotly-tipped festival-slayers, Cambridge's MODEL STAGGS, with their bluesy melodic garage folk, plus country legends THE WILSONS and Sufjan Stevens-esque acoustic newcomer TEETOTAL. Not bad value for a fiver or less.
£5 on the door
£4 advance from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/172008
14-15 yrs must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
No ID, no alcohol
FB event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/325321687544566/
- Guide to 2011 - Part 2: Albums DiS is looking forward to in 2011
- Gwen Stefani's tits annoy Malaysia
- Chart round-up: We've used the same photo as last week!
- Chart round-up: Take That sure to be denied Christmas number one by X Factor winner
- Chart round-up: We're so tired we don't even care that people are buying the new Gwen Stefani single
- "It was so beautiful and addictive": Stefani pops Keane pianist's cherry
- Gwen Stefani: no more solo records
- Stefani reveals second-album details