Anyone excited about this? I loved her first album and think it holds up very well 2 years later. But... there are at least 4 tracks available online now from the new album and so far I haven't been blown away by any of them.
I can't help but feel that she might have traded in cute and quirky for a more mainstream sound that dilutes why I liked her in the first place.
Am I wrong? Does it matter? Does anyone care?
- Relevant artist taggings:
- Marina & the Diamonds »[x]
- Something Corporate »[x]
- Common Market »[x]
- Cut Copy »[x]
- Kissy Sellout »[x]
- Sean Lennon »[x]
- In Photos: Marina & the Diamonds @ HMV Forum, London
- DiS Does Pop Interviews: Marina and the Diamonds, Jessie Ware and Ruby Goe
- In Photos: Marina & The Diamonds @ Manchester Cathedral
- DiS Does Pop #8: Is retromania ruining pop?
- Marina & the Diamonds - Electra Heart
- DiS Does Pop #7: The 10 Commandments of Teen Pop
- Reeperbahn Festival Preview
- This Week's Singles: 02/08/10