Loads of bands go this route; release two or three guitar led albums and then end up releasing a synth and electronic based record. it shouldn't be a surprise, seeing as it is a normal progression for musicians to experiment.
the twilight sad are going this way, and with mixed results i think.
i'd say the best of recent times is It's Blitz - what a fucking album.
- Relevant artist taggings:
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs »[x]
- New Order »[x]
- Mogwai »[x]
- David Bowie »[x]
- Brian Eno »[x]
- Primal Scream »[x]
- Kid Acne »[x]
- Underworld »[x]
- Bloc Party »[x]
- Refused »[x]
- In Photos: Coachella 2013 @ Empire Polo Club, California
- In Photos: Yeah Yeah Yeahs @ Manchester Apollo
- In Photos: ATP - I'll Be Your Mirror @ Alexandra Palace, London
- I'll Be Your Mirror Yeah Yeah Yeahs: the DiS review
- DiS Digest: April 2013's Must-Hear Album, Top Tracks, Most Read + Playlist
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito
- Drowned In Film #2
- Playlist: DiS Community's Favourite Songs of the 1st Quarter of 2013