I really couldn't give a shit.
I blame the skulking cunts who turn up to indie club nights. Despite what's blaring having moved on by a decade or two, these dead-eyed berks still request 'Waterfall' and stand silent and still, meters from the DJ booth, glaring at you all night. They come back to nag for their request every 25-35 minutes, getting slurrier and threatening more violence with every request, completely unable to comprehend the idea that you didn't think to buy a Stone Roses album especially for their request, because it obviously fits perfectly with The Knife or Animal Collective or whatever is currently playing at some club full of people having a good time...
p.s. Ian Brown has been 'performing' their 'hits' every night he's played a gig since they split.
- My Top 10 live performances of 2012 by Dom Gourlay
- In Photos: V Festival 2012 @ Weston Park, Stafford
- Benicassim 2012: the DiS review
- The Stone Roses at Heaton Park, Salford, Fri 29 Jun
- In Photos: The Stone Roses @ Heaton Park, Manchester
- Benicassim 2012: the (very early) DiS preview
- The Insider: The Stone Roses & The Resurrection Blues
- Death Cab for Bass: Mixtape of Songs That Inspired Nick to Play Bass