Following on from the fairly critical NME sales thread http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/music/4300711 I was thinking it might be interesting to get a sense of what you would do if you were editor of NME? Or any other 'fantasy' music magazine or website for that matter.
This 'constructive criticism' thread is also a place for dumping ideas for things you'd like DiS to do more of/less of and to celebrate things you enjoy in publications or online or in non-music titles that could work in music.
Who would you have on the cover? Would you do art-based covers more like Wired about a topic rather than focussing it on an artist? Would you be weekly or monthly or a quarterly digest? Would your title be just about records and gigs or would you be more interested in 'independent living' with recipes and tourism and things through the prism of music?
If I had a print title, I would absolutely have SBTRKT on the cover this quarter, as my magazine would basically be a music version of this: http://www.dgquarterly.com
- "All songs are about The Sex" - DiS waves farewell to Singles columnist Wendy Roby
- Leeds Festival 2012: Drowned In Sound's Friday blog
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 2 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- SXSW 2012 - The DiS Review
- Watch: SBTRKT in session for BBC 6 Music's 10th Birthday Celebrations
- At the Drive-In, Blood Red Shoes, Metronomy, SBTRKT, Shins, Cure, Paramore and more for Reading &
- AIM confirm second Independent Music Awards for 2012
- Latitude 2012 Bill: Bon Iver, Bat for Lashes, Brian Cox and billions more brilliant bands announced