If it's not the hyper-regressive sound of the big-sellers or the Bumford & Cunts anti-now folk renactment dross, what is it?
I mean, if you were to put this year (and maybe the past few too) into a time capsule of sounds that define 'now' and no other era, what would go in it?
The ambient sprawl of John Maus and SBTRKT would def be in there, and some of the post-Burial types, for me, for sure.
Just started reading: Simon Reynolds' Retromania http://www.avclub.com/articles/simon-reynolds,59501/
- "All songs are about The Sex" - DiS waves farewell to Singles columnist Wendy Roby
- Leeds Festival 2012: Drowned In Sound's Friday blog
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 2 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- SXSW 2012 - The DiS Review
- Watch: SBTRKT in session for BBC 6 Music's 10th Birthday Celebrations
- At the Drive-In, Blood Red Shoes, Metronomy, SBTRKT, Shins, Cure, Paramore and more for Reading &
- AIM confirm second Independent Music Awards for 2012
- Latitude 2012 Bill: Bon Iver, Bat for Lashes, Brian Cox and billions more brilliant bands announced