Am currently putting together DiS' guide to the first half of 2011, to run in a couple of weeks, and thought I'd give it a week or so for you all to compile your lists of your 11 favourite albums of the first six months of 2011. If you include some descriptions, I'll quote a few of my favourites amongst our coverage: I'll start a separate thread for favourite songs/EPs.
So, yeah, albums released Jan 1st - June 30th 2011
1. The Antlers - Burst Apart (Frenchkiss) - an utter obsession
2. How to Dress Well - Love Remains (TriAngle) - cat-tongue textured post-rnb
3. EMA - Past Life Martyred Saints (Souterrain Transmissions) - Moldy Youth via Juliana Hatfield 2.0
4. Cut Copy - Zonoscope (Modular) - repeated sunny day listens reward
5. Bright Eyes - The People's Key (Saddle Creek) - triumphant "a snuff film on a gumbotron"
6. Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Interscope) - too long but some surprise moments of greatness
7. Jeniferever - Silesia (Monotreme) - post-swoon Swedes
8. Gang Gang Dance - Eye Contact (4AD) - Inca Disco
9. Friendly Fires - Pala (XL) - fast becoming the Blur for noughties
10. Tim Hecker - Rave Death, 1972 (kranky) - gorgeous ambience
11. Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise (Circus) - King of Hymns