After catching the wind and floating into our attention span with his releases on Wigflex's first 3 split releases Taylor has a new album coming and a new moniker to release it under. Taken from his middle names, whereas Taylor was his surname, Morris Cowan will release Circa on Zaubernuss, a sub label of German imprint, Traum.
We made him the subject of the February instalment of our Quietus column after he sent us the music and to quote ourselves his "compositions are sprawling 7 minute-plus slices of electronica, set firmly at the techno tempo, they're extra melodic, working away from the heat and intensity of a dancefloor as well as they do on it. Much like his Wigflex counterpart Hizatron, Taylor crafts a sound set completely his own, setting his kick drums back a little so that the melody draws the focus."
READ: SRQ018 - Patience and Progress with Morris Cowan: http://thequietus.com/articles/05739-sonic-router-018-morris-cowan-interview-adam-taylor
To live alongside the article he kindly put together a mix, showcasing his production work which we've packaged up as our 70th Sonic Router Mix. It features a load of album tracks and many an unreleased gem from his hard drive...
1. Taylor – CMB [Super]
2. Taylor – Noob [On The Edge]
3. Morris Cowan – Flutterby [forthcoming Zaubernuss]
4. Morris Cowan – Sunnyville [forthcoming Zaubernuss]
5. Morris Cowan – Magnetor [forthcoming Zaubernuss]
6. Morris Cowan – Conflate [forthcoming Zaubernuss]
7. Morris Cowan – The Good Ship Fellow [Connect for Music]
8. Thomas Bjerring – Ice (Morris Cowan Remix) [Traum]
9. Morris Cowan – Afield [Super]