Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
He also said his "suspicions" over a link between performers and winners appeared to be proven true, citing Arcade Fire's surprise album of the year win... "Does the Grammys intentionally use artists for their celebrity, popularity and cultural appeal when they already know the winners and then program a show against this expectation?" he said.
That's right. Kokomo. Even by the terrible standards of the 80s that is an absolutely terrible single. David Hasseltosser's "music" career.
News just in: Being popular does not immediately mean that you should be handed awards. Otherwise we may aswell get rid of judges and give awards out based on units shifted. FUCK!!
OOOOOOH I WANNA TAKE YA TO
COME ON PRETTY MAMA
Biebs is yet to come up with a song that good.
Is he drawing parallels between Steely Dan and Arcade Fire?
everyone knows Steely Dan are better
to the fact that Justin Beiber lost out on the award to a bass player
his gonna take out a full-page advert to do it. Nice.
* Lifetime Achievement Award
* Trustees Award
* Technical Grammy Award
* Grammy Legend Award
* Grammy Hall of Fame
* The MusiCares Person of the Year Award
* Record of the Year is awarded to the performer and the production team of a single song.
* Album of the Year is awarded to the performer and the production team of a full album.
* Song of the Year is awarded to the writer(s)/composer(s) of a single song.
* Best New Artist is awarded to an artist without reference to a song or album.
* Best Alternative Music Album
American Roots Field
* Best Americana Album
* Best Bluegrass Album
* Best Traditional Blues Album
* Best Contemporary Blues Album
* Best Traditional Folk Album
* Best Contemporary Folk Album
* Best Hawaiian Music Album
* Best Native American Music Album
* Best Zydeco or Cajun Music Album
* Best Musical Album for Children
* Best Spoken Word Album for Children
* Best Orchestral Performance
* Best Classical Vocal Performance
* Best Opera Recording
* Best Choral Performance
* Best Instrumental Soloist(s) Performance (with orchestra)
* Best Instrumental Soloist Performance (without orchestra)
* Best Small Ensemble Performance (with or without conductor)
* Best Chamber Music Performance
* Best Classical Contemporary Composition
* Best Classical Album
* Best Classical Crossover Album
* Best Comedy Album
* Best Instrumental Composition
* Best Arrangement
* Best Instrumental Arrangement
* Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)
* Best Vocal Arrangement for Two or More Voices
* Best Female Country Vocal Performance
* Best Male Country Vocal Performance
* Best Country Performance, Duo or Group – Vocal or Instrumental
* Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
* Best Country Collaboration with Vocals
* Best Country Instrumental Performance
* Best Country & Western Recording
* Best Country Song
* Best Country Album
* Best New Country & Western Artist
* Best Dance Recording (previously in Pop)
* Best Electronic/Dance Album
* Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media
* Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media (Previously in the "Composing and Arranging" field)
* Best Score Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media (Previously in the "Composing and Arranging" field)
* Best Ethnic or Traditional Folk Recording
* Best Gospel Performance
* Best Gospel Song
* Best Gospel Performance, Traditional
* Best Gospel Performance, Contemporary
* Best Gospel Vocal Performance, Female
* Best Gospel Vocal Performance, Male
* Best Gospel Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group, Choir or Chorus
* Best Soul Gospel Performance
* Best Soul Gospel Performance, Traditional
* Best Soul Gospel Performance, Contemporary
* Best Soul Gospel Performance, Female
* Best Soul Gospel Performance, Male
* Best Soul Gospel Performance, Male or Female
* Best Soul Gospel Performance by a Duo or Group, Choir or Chorus
* Best Inspirational Performance
* Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album
* Best Rock Gospel Album
* Best Traditional Gospel Album
* Best Contemporary Gospel Album
* Best Contemporary R&B Gospel Album
* Best Southern, Country or Bluegrass Gospel Album
* Best Gospel Choir or Chorus Album
* Best Historical Album
* Best Jazz Vocal Performance, Female
* Best Jazz Vocal Performance, Male
* Best Jazz Vocal Performance, Duo or Group
* Best Jazz Instrumental Solo
* Best Jazz Instrumental Album, Individual or Group
* Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album
* Best Jazz Fusion Performance
* Best Original Jazz Composition
* Best Jazz Vocal Album
* Best Contemporary Jazz Album
* Best Latin Jazz Album
* Best Banda Album
* Best Latin Pop Album
* Best Latin Recording
* Best Latin Rock/Alternative Album
* Best Latin Urban Album
* Best Merengue Album
* Best Mexican/Mexican-American Album
* Best Norteño Album
* Best Regional Mexican Album
* Best Salsa Album
* Best Salsa/Merengue Album
* Best Tejano Album
* Best Traditional Tropical Latin Album
* Best Musical Show Album
* Best Sound Track Album or Recording of Original Cast From a Motion Picture or Television
* Best Short Form Music Video
* Best Long Form Music Video
* Best New Age Album
Packaging/Notes; Best Album Cover
* Best Recording Package
* Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package
* Best Album Notes
* Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
* Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
* Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals
* Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals
* Best Pop Instrumental Performance
* Best Pop Vocal Album
* Best Pop Instrumental Album
* Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical
* Best Engineered Album, Classical
* Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical
* Producer of the Year, Non-Classical
* Producer of the Year, Classical
* Best Female R&B Vocal Performance
* Best Male R&B Vocal Performance
* Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals
* Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance
* Best R&B Song
* Best R&B Album
* Best Contemporary R&B Album
* Best Rap Solo Performance
* Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group
* Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
* Best Rap Song
* Best Rap Album
* Best Reggae Album
* Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance
* Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
* Best Rock Instrumental Performance
* Best Hard Rock Performance
* Best Metal Performance
* Best Rock Song
* Best Rock Album
* Best Surround Sound Album
* Best Spoken Word Album
* Best Spoken Comedy Album
* Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
* Best Urban/Alternative Performance
* Best Traditional World Music Album
* Best Contemporary World Music Album
And people give a shitting shit about this shit?
Or the New Age one.
Choose which you prefer, I suppose.
Or at least do what Craig David did at 3:47 here:
but no exactly what you must be linking to.
Fuckin mint that is.
I'm sure I'm not missing out on much.
So the guy who took out the full page ad is meeting with the chairman of the Recording Academy to hash it out. Normally I wouldn't care, but check out these selected quotes from today's Associated Press story.
Noting that Arcade Fire lost for best alternative album but won overall album of the year:
"They're not even the best in their genre, so how does that work?"
"[Artists] were concerned about the process in voting and how they were coming up with the nominations and the winners, and they wanted some clarity and some level of understanding... I know the pain that they were going through."
THE PAIN THEY WERE GOING THROUGH.
He knows it.
vacuousness of mainstream music. Oh and his fringe is a fucking bowl cut, the irritatingly punchable pubscant. If someone refers to Bieber fever again I'm going to post a beaver's head through their letterbox...