BBC have this piece which I contributed my thoughts to (they omitted me saying that guitar music is fine when bands like Paramore, Blood Red Shoes, Pulled Apart by Horses and Sleigh Bells are all over daytime R1, and when Weezer and Deftones have made two of the albums of the year, but I guess that didn't fit the angle of this piece) and I suspect some of you will have an opinion on this.
Why is there an apparent dirth of mainstream guitar music? Do guitars sound silly being played through computer speakers and iPods?
"I hear that you and your band have sold your guitars and bought turntables. / I hear that you and your band have sold your turntables and bought guitars!" - James Murphy 'Losing My Edge'
- Interview: "We channelled Prince's energy!" - Paramore discuss their 4th album
- This Week's Singles 28.01.13: Prince, Paramore, The Knife, Pulp, Disclosure, AlunaGeorge
- Leeds Festival 2012: Drowned In Sound's Saturday blog
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 2 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- In Photos: Paramore @ Leeds Festival 2012
- Reading & Leeds 2012 - DiS' Must See Acts
- At the Drive-In, Blood Red Shoes, Metronomy, SBTRKT, Shins, Cure, Paramore and more for Reading &
- Listen: New Paramore track, 'Monster'