personally, i've been loving Mount Kimbie, Emeralds, Memoryhouse, White Hinterland and Blondes, but i feel like i've not really explored as much as previous years due to spending so much time obsessing over the past 10 years for our DiS is 10 coverage (which kicks off on monday, btw! with a dubstep week!). been massively disappointed by all the backgroundadelica/chillwave stuff blogs have been dribbling over and not heard much guitar music that's seemed very exciting.
i haven't really noticed any obvious acts lining up for "tips for 2010" or found many people in agreement about new acts (apart from lots of dis staff loving Everything Everything - not quite been bitten by that bug as yet but not given them much chance, and for ages I thought they were Remember Remember or whoever that scottish band are?!)
curious what you're all loving...and even more curious whether the lack of any exceptional new acts is gonna leave room for exceptional acts that haven't had the attention they deserve to rise through in the mainstream a little more (tis f'in great to see Blood Red Shoes all over R1, for instance)
- Relevant artist taggings:
- Mount Kimbie »[x]
- Memoryhouse »[x]
- Toro Y Moi »[x]
- Emeralds »[x]
- White Hinterland »[x]
- Blondes »[x]
- Everything Everything »[x]
- Ikonika »[x]
- Flying Lotus »[x]
- Scuba »[x]
- DiS Does Singles 1.04.13: Empress Of, Mount Kimbie, Haim, Jaws
- Ether 2012: The DiS Preview (+ Playlist)
- Moving Pictures - Videos of the Year: 3rd Quarter 2011
- Watch: Mount Kimbie reveal parting shot video for 'Carbonated'
- The Neptune Music Prize 2011: And the Winner is...
- The Neptune 2011: Nominees announced for DiS' alt-Mercury Music Prize
- Leeds Festival 2011 - Drowned In Sound's Saturday Blog
- Field Day 2011: a Spotify mixtape preview + Stage Times