I'm curious: What do people make of this event? http://www.hmvnextbigthing.com
I like the concept but the volume of acts is as overwhelming as my inbox (an unrelenting barrage of names I've not heard of, from people that I have no idea who they are or whether they have a clue what music I like or the site covers...), it's a little more digestible than something like Camden Crawl with 50+ venues with 300 bands or something like that. Has lots of acts who're kinda 'on the radar' and several i've not checked out...
I ask, partly, as I've thought of doing a similar series/season of shows with more DiS-friendly bands but keep deciding it won't be worth the time/risk and maybe isn't right for London. Curious whether people like things like this, even just as a list of acts to listen to, rather than go see or whether you like to discover bands at things like this or if it just seems a bit 90s?
I'm probably gonna goto a few, anyone else?
- In Photos: Marina & the Diamonds @ HMV Forum, London
- DiS Does Pop Interviews: Marina and the Diamonds, Jessie Ware and Ruby Goe
- In Photos: Marina & The Diamonds @ Manchester Cathedral
- DiS Does Pop #8: Is retromania ruining pop?
- Marina & the Diamonds - Electra Heart
- DiS Does Pop #7: The 10 Commandments of Teen Pop
- Reeperbahn Festival Preview
- This Week's Singles: 02/08/10