Aidan Moffat - Quite good, but not as great as I initially suspected
Phantom Band - Massive grower, now my joint favourite record of the year
Animal Collective - Rather liked it at first, but now suspect it's 3 great songs surrounded by a fair bit of filler
The XX - Still like it, but really don't think it's THAT good
The Horrors - Gotta say, never got sucked into this one at the time but it's grown on me. A bit. But it's still a 7/10 record at best.
Kong - Just keeps improving with very listen. Mighty.
Pissed Jeans - Yeah, I wasn't sure at first. But I'm in love.
- Relevant artist taggings:
- Kong »[x]
- The xx »[x]
- Animal Collective »[x]
- Phantom Band »[x]
- Aidan Moffat »[x]
- The Horrors »[x]
- Pissed Jeans »[x]
- Nurses »[x]
- Wild Beasts »[x]
- Wavves »[x]
- Memory Tapes »[x]
- Burial »[x]
- Frank Turner »[x]
- Jarvis Cocker »[x]
- Icarus Line, Tubelord, Dananananaykroyd + more for Brainwash 2011
- In Photos: Friends Of Mine Festival 2011 @ Capesthorne Hall, Macclesfield
- In Photos: Kong @ The Harley, Sheffield
- Kong: Back on the road next month...
- In Photos: In The City 2009 - Day One
- A Month In Records: July 2009
- Kong - Snake Magnet
- DiScover: Crocodiles, Kong, You Animals