1. Cat Power - Nude as the News. It's like being struck with a cattle prod.
2. Siouxsie & the Banshees - Lord's Prayer. 15 minutes of SS shouting blasphemies. Of course it's awesome.
3. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams. Tell me you wouldn't want to hang out with Stevie Nicks and her Laurel Canyon buddies in the 70s.
4. Sleater-Kinney - #1 Must Have. It would be so wrong to make a list like this without S-K.
5. The Carpenters - Rainy Days and Mondays. The voice of an angel.
Don't care about "best" vs. "fav" or whether your list might change. Show some Roberta Flack...Janis Joplin...Neko Case...Nina Simone...love. Top 5--off the top of your head--right here, right now!