Voting from 4th – 23rd September
in association with:
How does the vote work?
1. You can only vote if you live in the UK.
2. You can vote for any DJ you like!
(i.e. the DJ can be from anywhere in the world, not just the UK)
3. Vote for the DJs that rocked your world this year.
Why are we doing it and who won last year?
Germany’s got one, Japan’s got one, Australia’s got one, so why can’t the UK have its own? Last year we decided to try and find out who the UK’s favourite DJ was to see to get a good idea of what people in this country really like. Each year we hope to get bigger and bigger and find out who really has the clout! We all know about how big trance is on a global scale – but would it top a poll only voted for by people in the UK?
It turned out last year, after a whopping 30,000 votes, that the answer was no. In our 2008 winner Erol Alkan, we had a true representation of the post-new-rave zeitgeist - one which has seen Justice become the biggest new dance act in the world. Is it any coincidence that he gave them one of their earliest gigs in the UK? With his eclectic tastes, crowd-rocking skills and burgeoning production career for the UK’s finest bands (Mystery Jets, Late Of The Pier) and tastemaking reputation, it made perfect sense to us.
Will he hang in there this year? Or will we see a new winner? Make yourself heard and vote for your favourite DJs, and you could be in with a chance of winning some tasty prizes too….
Enter your vote for a chance to win all this:
By entering your vote in the UK Top 40 DJ Poll, you’ll be automatically entered into our competition where one lucky winner will get@
• A pair of Pioneer HDJ-2000 Headphones, worth over £250
• 50 free downloads from www.djdownload.com
• A pair of ER-20 earplugs and a free ear-moulding session courtesy of Audiorelief
• A bottle of Hierbas – The Taste Of Ibiza (plus one bottle to be one every day by a randomly-picked voter!)