Apologies for the massive post, i just wanted to drop by and tell you about our Festival and make a small appeal for a bit of help.
An intimate, friendly festival in a magical setting, Festinho is a delicious cocktail of the best in eclectic music, sunny Brazilian vibes, a laid-back feel and shedloads of wonderful nonsense! All profits go to the ABC Trust, which helps Brazilian children and young people on the streets to transform their lives
Put on by a group of volunteers who raise money for charity by putting on great parties, the organizers still need a few more hands for the weekend itself, which takes place September 4–6 at Kentwell Hall in Suffolk.
It's grown from a garden party into a proper little festival over the last few years and this year it's been featured in the top ten list for the UK’s best small and alternative festivals.
Check out our website here if you want to know any more http://festinho.squarespace.com/ (or feel free to drop me a line here)
Roles include decor, stewarding duties, artist liaison and much more. Want to get involved? Just go to the festinho site and fill out a form here http://festinho.squarespace.com/volunteer/
To be a volunteer, you must be:
* Available to work for a minimum of 3 consecutive days at some point during the following period: 2nd-8th September 2009 (e.g. 2nd-4th Sep or 4th-6th Sep or 6th-8th Sep etc.)
* Able to attend an induction session at 2pm on the day of your first shift or arrival on site
* Willing to volunteer for a total of 24 hours (3 x 6 hour shifts) over the course of the 3 days you select to volunteer. Jobs are varied and will be allocated according to your experience, but the organisers will try to keep each of your 6-hour shifts varied. Shifts could include late nights and early mornings – please be prepared for this.
* Able to deal with people in a friendly manner.
In return, you will receive:
* A free ticket to Festinho 2009, when you're not working you get to party with everyone else
* Refreshments while on shift and a meal ticket for every shift you do
* Access to ‘Crew Camping’ area
* A warm feeling for being part of a brilliant weekend and contributing to the wellbeing of Brazilian street kids