Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
A current favourite and has been on heavy rotation. Heard it? Thoughts et cetera?
when I was round a friends, pretty good actually. Another one I keep meaning to buy, it's like Villalobos's one isn't it in that all the tracks are by Omar S isn't it?
I think Phonica are doing a sale on Fabric comps right now, might need to check it out...
it's really good stuff. When I was last up in Manchester there was an offer on for Fabric mixes in Piccadilly Records, I think they were all £6.99 or something in that region. Might still be up on their site perhaps? I try to avoid Phonica..I have accidents in there. Pant-wetting accidents. I also end up spending lots of money on music.
I love that detroit sound its got a raw rough edge to it. I wrote about it in March...
yeah its all Omar-S productions so its kind of like the villalobos one in that respect but villalobos created all the tracks for the fabric album specificly, omar-s hasnt ever made a cd before all his stuff is on pretty rare 12" / 10"s on his own label so this is almost a best of mix from his label back catalouge. He says he has to much music of his own thats amazing that he doesnt need to play anyone else... and he is probibly right hhaha
about saying how he hadn't really been into anyone elses stuff that much so he was just going to use his own tracks! Refreshingly honest.
Very deep and soulful and just allready aceness. I don't think it is in the Phonica 6.99 sale, but I picked up villalobos and robert hood in it so its definately worth a look.
in london at corsica studios this friday, if you're about. will be nice to hear him not at fabric for a change, and i think he's playing quite a long set.
Which is a shame - both seem like good plans though I think the Hood one might eclipse it for me as it features Nathan Fake, Peverelist & Appleblim as well...
Spoilt for choice, as ever.
i'm up for checking donato dozzy as well at the corsica party. both nights are called 'bleep', confusingly! hope cable gets more people than they did this saturday just gone. it was well empty. heard it was a lot busier the weekend previous, though, so could just be teething issues. it's a big ol' space to fill, but it's got potential.
a young detroit producer and it looks ace.
1. Ratio - Centralized (Substance Rework) [Central]
2. Stephen Brown - Sustain [Affected Music]
3. Duplex - Vivid Array [Frantic Flowers]
4. Mr.V - Circle Track [Sole Channel]
5. Brown Study - Cereal Numbing [Unknown]
6. Murr - Watching You [Public Transit]
7. Omar-S - Strider's World [FXHE]
8. Filsonik - LuvHolik [Unknown]
9. Mike Clark - Natalie Lacosta [White Label]
10. Omar-S - Oasis #11 [FXHE]
11. Ibex - Bok Choy [Planet E]
12. DJ Rhythm - Rhythms Groove [Unknown]
13. Kai Alce - M-7 [Mahogani Music]
14. 3chairs - Misty City [Three Chairs]
15. Lazy Fat People - Pixel Girl [PlanetE]
16. The Rurals - Sorry [Peng]
17. Kyle Hall - I <3 Dr. Girlfriend [Wild Oats]
18. Andres - A3 Untitled (from Andres II) [White label]