Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
In my ears, now.
but you know how to cut a man real deep
give me your ears
or is it actually decent?
25. Leila: Blood, Looms and Blooms
24. Destroyer: Trouble in Dreams
23. Grails: Doomsayer’s Holiday
22. Youthmovies: Good Nature
21. Subtle: OughtAlmanac of AmassedFact Vol 1
20. Grouper: Dragging a Dead Dear Up a Hill
19. Nadja: Desire in Uneasiness
18. Peter Broderick: Float
17. Squarepusher: Just a Souvenir
16. Goldmund: The Malady of Elegance
15. BORIS: Smile
14. Xela: In Bocca Al Lupo
13. 65daysofstatic: Dance Parties EP
12. Machinefabriek: Dauw
11. Islands: Arm’s Way
10. Retribution Gospel Choir: Retribution Gospel Choir
09. Aidan Baker & Tim Baker: Fantasma-Parastasie
08. The Fun Years: Baby It’s Cold Inside
07. Paavoharju: Laulu Laakson Kukista
06. Murcof: The Versailles Sessions
05. Fuck Buttons: Street Horrrsing
04. Wolf Parade: At Mount Zoomer
03. Autechre: Quaristice
02. Fennesz: Black Sea
01. Troubles: Wolf
It has three astoundingly good songs and about ten dreadful ones.
But it was only in on the strength of The Vowels Pt 2, The Hollows and These Few Presidents. 26 would be generous, based on how much I liked his previous stuff and a brief flicker of faith remaining. Realistically, though, not 25 nor 26.
Name one other track on there that's even tolerable. Most of it veers from embarassing through to irritating. Not my idea of a good time.
the only fault i have with the album is that some of the songs sound like stand alone verses to songs he hadn't quite finished yet. i suppose you might not like it if you don't like songs about being really depressed or something
an indie lynching when he announced to Us and Los Camp backstage in San Francisco that he had the finished masters in his front pocket, ready for presenting to the label.
I think we could've taken him.
strips of material from a hundred checked shirts
were you there?
it's scary how little material there is in a pair of skinny jeans
Is the best track on that album you cleft, to ignore it is bad, to consider it intolerable makes you a bad human being. The last verse is a-mazing.
tis awesome to the max
And they'll copy and paste Arfie's comment to each other as comedy entertainment.