Hello dear drownedinsound readers, a very long time no see.
I used to be an occasional poster on here and I still read these forums often.
Anyway, I bumped into Tristram, what's his name on here? does he even still post? and it made me think of DIS and how I thought some people might like to know what I'm up to. Don't worry, I'm not going to post a daily link to the latest blog of my south-east Asian tour (see, I know what's cool on DIS). But sorry if you're not interested.
- I put out an album last October. I only mention this because a lot of people I've spoken to at gigs don't actually know it came out. It's called How We Became and it was co-produced by Markus Dravs (Bjork-Homogenic, Arcade Fire-Neon Bible, Coldplay-Viva La Vida Loca*) and it's nice.
- I'm putting on a show in London on the 15th feb at the slaughtered lamb with Slow Club (2nd best live act in england after 3 trapped tigers), gossamer albatross and a few others - http://www.wegottickets.com/event/43264
- I've started a side project with Tom from 3 Trapped Tigers (who's an old friend and plays on both my records), it's called Green Lights Mean Go or possibly Voltface and it's kind of gay french house meets church music meets shoegaze. there will be a release this year probably.
- I'm doing a free download single on valentine's day, it's an acoustic version of If He Breaks Your Heart from my last record (apologies for the super-cheesy press hook)
- I'm finally recording my lost album, The Ragged Choir, shaved down to a 6-track EP, it's an orchestra-fuelled 6-track continuous narrative about two kids who find a magic world in their back garden (sort of Diana Wynne Jones covered by Kevin Barnes orchestrated by the dude who did Scott 4 kind of vibe**), that should see a release this year.
- I got a message from a stripper in Portland who frequently dances to "5 Verses"
- I started growing a beard but I'm going to shave. in fact I'm going to go and do that now bye!
lots of love, how is everyone hmm?
* actually we snuck in on their day off and recorded all our drums on their drumkit set-up without them knowing.
** Wally Stott, who is now a she, fact fans.