Gimme a made up fact about your bands.
1) Big Business 23 - Coady used to play bass for The Glitter Band when he was a down on his luck rent boy
2) Shit and Shine 22 - Their name comes from a unique technique of shoe polishing, involving manure.
3) The Dead C 18 - The Dead C refuse to acknowledge the existence of the eiffel tower.
4) Flying Lotus 17 - Flying Lotus is a champion hamburger eating contestant.
4) Wooden Shjips 17 - The lead singer is actually descended from Tsar Nicholas II
6) Harvey Milk 16 - They like to drink Mojitos in Tijuana.
7) Chrome 15 - Helios Creed was actually mistaken for god on several occasions
8) Portishead 14 - Beth from Portishead leads a double life as a rocket scientist
9) Mission of Burma 13 - No one in this band can play any instruments
9) Burning Airlines 13 - Burning Airlines have never toured because of a Nostromo prophecy taken very seriously by J Robbins.
now onto the real business..
1) My friend gave me a copy of Here Comes The Waterworks as he thought it was 'absolute bollocks on record'. Idiot.
2) Amazing last night. Totally one of my favourite gigs of the year. I love seeing lots of drummers enjoying themselves and screaming.
3) kiwitapes.blogspot.com - for live hi jinks and early recordings
7) Helios Creed is the best name ever.
8) The best production I've heard for years. Totally meriting every plaudit it gets this year. Everything on there is at least as good as Machine Gun.