Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
I've only ever owned "Dirty"
If you're alright with all of the above then you can get the rest in whatever order you please.
then get Daydream Nation and Goo
then Evol, Sister and Goo, probably in that order.
And if you want more after that, try Murray Street.
1) Goo deluxe edition (the demos make for a more even album)
2) Sister (bit more garage rock; many people's favourite)
3) EVOL - first one with choons throughout
4) Bad Moon - nice mix of songs & noise
5) 1000 Leaves - the "mature" album? pastoral, 10min songs, with some noise
6) Daydream Nation - Pitchfork's #1 of the 1990s, but personally I find it cold
7) Murray St - not v edgy, but v accessible
Experimental JetSet Trash & No Star frightened me, when it came out in 1994, and even more when I thought someone had spiked a joint, but that just opened the door to *get it*
for completists: Washing Machine - half is dull or rubbish, but 'Diamond Sea' is 19min of post-rock perfection
A Thousand Leaves
Bad Moon Rising
Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star
Confusion is Sex
NYC Ghosts & Flowers
But I'm not sure I particularly like them...
I can't get enough of it.
Some of the tracks on there are among my all time favourite SY tracks.
a thousand leaves > sister > murray street > evol > washing machine > Dirty > goo> Daydream nation > nyc ghosts and flowers