it really was an amazing year for music wasn't it?
That's not to say this year isn't good, and I guess it'll take time and hindsight to fully appreciate it.
What are your retrospective top 10 best albums from that year?
1. Between the Buried and Me - Colors
2. Sunset Rubdown - Random Spirit Lover
3. The Most Serene Republic - Population
4. Meet Me in St Louis - Variations on Swing
5. Avast! - Faultlines
6. The National - Boxer
7. Tellison - Contact! Contact!
8. The Field - From Here We Go to Sublime
9. Radiohead - In Rainbows
10. Phoenix Bodies - Raise the Bullshit Flag (unless this was 2006, in which Les Savy Fav)
pretty much all of these have become some of my favourite albums of all time.