Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
which is the better "indie pinup pretends to be Prince" roleplay album?
haven't heard it for about 8 years though
it's 86% terrible
1. Sexx Laws - pretty brilliant 7/10
2. Nicotine & Gravy - very, very brilliant 9/10
3. Mixed Bizness - pretty brilliant 7/10
4. Get Real Paid - not too great 5/10
5. Hlwd. Freaks - hofo! not great 4/10
6. Peaches & Cream - not that good 4/10
7. Broken Train - very good 8/10
8. Milk & Honey - not so great 3/10
9. Beautiful Way - can't remember too well. probably ok 5/10
10. Pressure Zone - can't remember. pretty good i think 7/10
11. Debra - incredible 9/10
it was one of those first wave albums which i listened to a helluva lot during my youth, then went off dramatically.
the horrible schooldays are all flooding back. I quite liked the fwoop fwoop fwoop noises on 'Milk and Honey' though. I'm going to go with 78% terrible
it's not that good is it? Some GREAT songs on it but it sort of bubbles out as kind of average overall
but of always found becks vocals to be extremely dull sounding, and skeletal lamping is just incredible so yeah skeletal lamping
no one else has the balls to make music like that anymore.