Hi guys... so that rue the day guy sent me an angry message re my appreciation of hip hop and my points made against him in other threads... heres what he said, and my reply.
Rue th day says:
What do you care man? You probably don't even own any hip hop nusic or ever listen to it. But, you care enough about it to call a stranger an idiot and a fool- Whatever! My point, if you would just take a minute to think about it is this. Hip Hop is uniquely black. Black people don't like white fools tryin that shit and I think that very few white boys and girls can even pull it off. Artists like the ones you mentioned are considered monkeys by most black people- Believe me I know. Do you even know any black people? If you do, which I doubt, ask them what they think of white hip hop artists- it might be a little eye opener for you- Mr. Knowitallat18.
'1. I own lots of hip hop. Black nad White. And listen frequently. One of the main reasons i decided to go to ATP vs. explosions in the sky was for the sole reason that De La Soul are playing.
2. Artists I mentioned are hardly called monkeys by anyone... they are in fact some of the most celebrated hip hop artists of all time. Especially de la soul and a tribe called quest, who basically proved that hip hop doesnt have to be about 'guns and hoes' as you seem to think. From what I remember from your thread a while back you seemed to not really know anything about them, so I don't really think you can comment. Why do you have any reason to know more than me?
3. I'm not stupid, I know hip hop has more black artists and followers than white. But err... why should what colour your skin is denote anything about your taste or personality? You are essentially being racist.
4. I'm also not a liar... no I don't have many black friends, maybe two or three. But again, so what? Its just a skin colour... I come from a predominantly white neighbourhood. Get over it... I couldn't honestly care what colour someones skin is. So really i see no reason why their appreciation of hip hop should be different OR THE SAME as mine, after all its subjective to personality/taste.
5. If you don't want to like hip hop thats fine i don't care... your idiotic racist comments etc anger me though, hip hop is not 'shit' as you seem to think, you just don't like it. get over it.
6. I'm 19. I have better things to do than to tend to my DiS page all day. And again... why should I know any more or less about music, or have a more/less valid view point than you? Cos I haven't finished my maths degree yet? Seriously, most of the people on this board are around my age, not 50 or however old you are. Again, I don't care, I'm just making a point. If it bothers you so much, find some people your own age to discuss things with. After all thats why I'm here... discussion... and I don't consider OMG HIP HOP IS SHIT ITS ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE AND HOES AND KILLING AND STUFF as discussion... I consier it prejudiced idiocy.'
I was quite angry, and wouldn't normally do something like this... i don't even realise why i did.
Discuss hip hop prejudices I guess?