according to me cos our vans late and im a bit bored and nostalgic and my housmates left half a j in the ashtray
1) the new flapper at the back of the nia
- improved stage, supergood staff and new lights. winner despite legacy of editors and twang.
2) the rainbow on digbeth. you can smoke on the stage cos its technically outdoors. and theres a barbeeque
3) the jug of ale in moseley. the ghost of king adora lives in the boarded up dresing room
4) market tavern on westside. best club nights ever, home of the punks. rip.
5) the foundry by snobs. 2 stages and pinball machines. rip.
6) actress and bishop. expensive and awful sound but bizarrely wide stage.
7) hare and hounds in kings heath. i heard its much improved but only weird outsider bands or obscure european punk bands go there now.
8) barfly. worst barfly of them all. by quite a long, incompetent and flood damagaged way.
9) um, scruffy murphys cellar?
10) i think birmingham could do with some more venues.