I was kind of thinking about music as personal experience and stuff, and like what are the most important (and not even necessarily favourite) bands, records, gigs, etc that I've lived through. Either way I came up with this list of stuff I think is pretty much wired to my psyche:
- Pavement (Westing through Wowee Zowee, special emphasis on 'Internal K-Dart', 'You're Killing Me' and 'Loretta's Scars')
- Talk Talk- Laughing Stock
- The Mountain Goats live December 2007
- Pixies- Surfer Rosa and 'Monkey's Gone to Heaven'
- I'm Widely Spread/Parcel Force (included as one category because they were respectively, myself and my friend's sixth form bands)
- Animal Collective- 'Winter's Love' and 'Turn Into Something'
- cLOUDDEAD- cLOUDDEAD
- Life Without Buildings- 'The Leanover' and 'Love Trinity'
- Far- Water & Solutions
- At the Drive-In- Relationship of Command
- Slint- Spiderland
- Godspeed You Black Emperor- A#F#OO
- The Fall
- TV On The Radio- 'Blind', 'I Was A Lover' and 'Wolf Like Me'
- Interpol- Antics
- Why?- Elephant eyelash
- Subtle- For Hero:For Fool
- Les Savy Fav (particularly Rome (written upside down))
- SixNationState live at the Railway Inn sometime in spring 2006
- Meho Plaza- 'The Beach'
- Ros Sereysothea- 'Bong Ban Khernh Sre'
- The Hold Steady- Boys and Girls In America
- Gang of Four- 'What We All Want'
- Beastie Boys- Paul's Boutique
- Wolf Parade
Well, that's me, just in case you at all care. Its probably an ever-expanding list, but I think you can put together a pretty sound picture of my life from basically the age of 14 up until now using it. How about all of you? I for one am genuinely interested here.