Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
What albums from the last 10 years will be seen as classics?
Maybe some White Stripes
In the Aeoplane over the sea
would be regarded as classics in 20 or 30 years, or at least I'd hope not.
depressingly Coldplay will probably be in there somewhere.
No- get a grip man, Coldplay might sell, but only to people who don't really care.
There are a lot of good albums over the last ten years but I can still see two disc deluxe editions of X&Y and Up The Bracket coming out.
It's the nature of the biz no?
Last ten years have been great. But mostly:
- Kid A
- In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
- For Hero:For Fool (seriously)
- Any Other City (the Life Without Buildings album- again, I have enough faith in humanity to believe this will happen)
- Turn On The Bright Lights
- at least one of the last three Animal Collective albums (my money's on Feels)
- Drum's Not Dead (though I'll always argue that 'They Were Wrong So We Drowned' is better)
- Vision Creation Newsun
all three albums should be but if Mono and Penance Soiree are not then they will still have been seriously overlooked.
Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
Magik Markers - Boss
Gang Gang Dance - God's Money
Mastodon - Blood Mountain, Leviathan, Remission
to name a few.