There were a few things that struck me as I watched the Feed The World, Do They Know It's X-mas video from the 80s.
I can make a little joke like this without fear of reprecussion because I know after Band Aid the countries of the world "banded" together and now the countries of the African continent are as wealthy and prosperous as my neighbors in Newport Beach. Or at least they're very, very close.
* There was enough money spent on mousse and Aqua Net to feed the children of Uganda for 6 weeks.
* When Bono sang something like, It's better them than you - I nearly wept.
* Because of you English we Americans were forced into doing We Are The World.
* I was trying to think back and remember exactly what state of turmoil the Royal Family was in at this time...but then I remembered I had to feed my cat and stopped thinking about that.
* Sir Bob's band was a one-hit wonder confirming my belief that getting a knighthood doesn't mean shit anymore. Sir Elton John, indeed. Who's next? Sir Crablin??
* The African kids were too hungry to know it's X-mas and that this whole thing could be a Christian plot. Like the Mormons showing up on my doorstep, only on a larger scale.
But the real question here is, Was Boy George the best looking girl in the group of (legendary?) Brit rock stars?