In a club I mean. If you're going out for a regular drink, dance and food after. Not bars.
1. Danceable indie: CSS, Franz Ferdinand, Krapsons, Long Blondes, The Fall, Hot Chip etc.
2. Motown: Supremes, Dixie Cups, Drifters, Jackson 5 etc.
3. Indie you can't dance to, but do if you're drunk: Stone Roses, Arctic Monkeys, Libertines ETC...
4. Nice dance music: I don't know the names of any of them. But ones that are in the charts and stuff, and that aren't that bad.
5. Horrible chart music: Crap like Justin Timberland, mixed in with the 2 above.
6. Horrible dance music: Loud nasty 'pumping' choons. Like the Prodigy.
7. Everything else.
I don't go to places that play metal, so I've never heard it out.