I used to subscribe to the Wire despite it being mostly impenetrable but succumbed again at the prospect of a review of the year. Surprisingly, it's impenetrable.
1. Burial - Burial
2. Scott Walker - The Drift
3. Joanna Newsom - Ys
4. Carla Bozulich - Evangelista
5. Wolf Eyes - Human Animal
6. Ornette Coleman - Sound Grammar
7. Ekkehand Ehlers - A Life Without Fear
8. Bonnie Prince Billy - The Letting Go
9. Om - Conference of the Birds
10. Phill Niblock - Touch Three
Some of this is good, some of it is totally obscure to me anyway. Burial seems to be a dubstep thing that has totally passed me by, anyone know it? Sounds like downbeat massive attack garage remixes to me but haven't heard much.