We're looking at things people do elsewhere online. We'd like to know what things you do online that are useful, and that might be even more useful if that fell under the DiS umbrella (especially to create charts of what's popular with DiSsers). So, essentially, we're curious what other sites and services people use. The idea is that we'll pull in as much stuff that you do elsewhere, onto DiS, to save you having to go elsewhere. And also adding useful 'apps'
Ideally, this will range from feeds of content from the web (most likely starting with music news via Gigulate.com, so that you can react to news and also find the latest news on artist profiles), to content you've posted elsewhere appearing on your profile, to managing your calendars (we should have the DiS and Last.fm databases entwined quite soon, which'll do all sorts of useful things)
Basically we wanna make things as easy for you as possible to manage what you do online, as well as share with other users STUFFZ WOT IS GUD!
So... (answer any/all that you can - feel free to share links to your profiles... this might just be a case of sharing your bookmarks or in firefox your 'most visited')
1. Where do you buy / listen to music? Spotify, HMV, Amazon, eMusic, 7Digital, we7, Napster, Hype Machine, MySpace, Last.fm, Blip.fm, Youtube, Muzu.tv, Lala, iMeem, Deezer....? Would you like to easily share your favourite tracks and actions on your DiS profile? (I'm thinking it'd be great to have a feed of what DiSsers are listening to, which tracks/vids they've favourited, etc)
2. Where do you document/share your reactions to music, life and the like? Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Blogspot, Wordpress, Livejournal, Musebin, Amazon User Reviews, Stumbleupon, Friendfeed, Orkut, Bebo, MySpace, Flickr....? (Do you use any sites to post to all of these or read all of these?) Would you like the ability to easily write your own reviews, rate records out of 10 and link to your reviews alongside DiS content?
3. How do you organize what gigs you're going to? Do you care about inviting friends to the same gigs? (I have a theory that it's only promoters and bands who invite people to gigs) Facebook, Songkick, Last.fm, Yahoo events, google calendar, iCal...?
4. Do you use anything to share/show off your record collection/library online? Last.fm quilts seem to be the most obvious for this. Seeing if Amazon can do a list of stuff you own, etc.
5. Do you use an RSS reader? Do you keep uptodate with feeds of websites via Twitter? Do you bookmark webpages online to remember to read them elsewhere? (we're thinking of adding our own thing thing so you can add threads and articles to your profile to favourite/remember to follow)
6. If you're looking up info about acts, do you use anything other than Wikipedia and Last.fm? Maybe MySpace or just google for bands official website?
7. Lastly, other than music, what are the main things you do online? Football, porn, lolcats, tech news, politics, read news on Guardian, etc...?