Just 5 days to go until Manchester's most talked about music festival of 2009..... HUNGRY PIGEON!!!
- A massive outdoor stage in Piccadilly Gardens - the very heart of Manchester.
- A fantastic "art treasure trail" around the Northern Quarter.
- Specific genre-themed nights, including electro, heavy rock, acoustic and U18s events.
- Live art battles in the street!
- A whole host of massive headliners!! (see below for more details)
Check out the full festival booklet which is out all over town (check any Stick Up Media or Dont Panic racks, or participating venues). Grab yourself a booklet and do the Northern Quarter Art Treasure trail on Sat or Sun 23rd or 24th May..... enter your answers at the end of the trail at Afflecks Palace to enter the prize draw for tons of excellent prizes donated by the businesses of the NQ, including free meals, gig tickets and nights out!!
HUNGRY PIGEON –
Full arts and music listings are now live on www.myspace.com/hungrypigeon.
We are running event features every couple of days, which give you info on specific things going on over the weekend! Keep checking back.....
On the art side, we have some amazing stuff going on, including:
- Live art battles in the Piccadilly Gardens Outdoor Stage Arena
- Northern Quarter treasure trail
- Art exhibitions and installations
- E-God live music and lights show at Urbis
- Experimental films
....and loads more!
Full music listings are also live on the MySpace blog NOW, so GO PLAN YOUR WEEKEND!!! We have confirmed some fantastic acts for HUNGRY PIGEON, including:
NINE BLACK ALPS
MISTY’S BIG ADVENTURE
THE TRAVELLING BAND
THE JESSIE ROSE TRIP
THE GAY BLADES
THE PARIS RIOTS
Tickets to this veritable feast of music and arts are just £19.50 / £10 (weekend / day wristband), which gets you into everything, from www.ticketline.co.uk. Tickets are absolutely flying!... HUNGRY PIGEON is shaping up to be MASSIVE!!
The Hungry Pigeon team
Also sign up to our myspace page on http://www.myspace.com/hungrypigeon