Hi, I'm making a video for Leeds band CHOPS who are soon to release their their single OSPYLAC EMIT as a split with HELHESTON available from all good record dispensers.
Listen to it at: www.myspace.com/mightchops
As the title of the track spells Time Calypso backwards and Dom from the band has either a fetish or genunie love for bermuda shorts, it seemed fitting to make a video that was somehow inspired by paradise, like Bounty, the famous chocolate bar.
So I have used some of my footage that I took from my visit to my motherland, Petite Martinique, a tiny island in the most southern part of the West Indies with a population of just 900 and I'm using it as my source of inspiration.
Me and my friend Herod will be making a video at the NCM room in about a month for CHOPS and need to recruit 20 people to participate who will be required to:
1) Have their faces painted white
2) Wear hideous bermuda shorts
3) Eat cake
4) Dance in a simple choreographed fashion.
5) Maintain a permanently glazed semi-smile
I know the plot but it'll take ages to explain but the crux of the video has to do with a certain dance that they do on the island where my parents are from called the cake dance. When a couple get married it's customary for the guests to form a circle and the female friends of the bride and groom take it in turns to 'dance the cake', which basically means dancing erotically with it. You can hold it between your legs with two hands, like you would a man, or you can pop the cake on your head and then whine your hips. So the main focus of attention in the CHOPS video will be a big tv screen which will be projecting the raw footage of this dance and in turn will control the circle of bermuded up zombies (i.e you guys) and make you move in a way which is inspired by the raw footage. The tv screen has control over the people up until a certain point and then something special happens.
The moves you will be asked to perform can all be found in this accompanying video feature the track it's for, ILL EAGLE to give you an idea of you should expect to be able to do. Please either PM me or say that you want in and I'll add you to the list.
Documented by Claire Circuit
A breakdown of the moves is listed below:
CHOPS ILL EAGLE - VIDEO SHOOT
1. Basic cake dance: Gentle whining of the waisting with arm in open position (0.50)
2. Rock-by-cakey: the gentle rocking of the cake back and forth as if it is a baby, done with the legs slightly akimbo forming a sturdy foundation. (1.05)
3. Groin Thrust: Hands touching the top of the groin with the palms and pelvic thrusting whilst staring into the distance. (1.33)
4. Marching Groin Thrust : As above only done while walking forwards to the rhythm one foot at a time whilst flirting with your top exposing some breast if you feel the need. (1.36)
5. The Battyberg: The lowering of the cake down to the ground and whining of the waist and buttocks in a circular motion. (1.50)
6. Charging Goat : Charging at your neighbour with your groin like a goat, only to retreat once the enemy has backed off. (2.05)
7. Kriss Kross Buns: Two people intersect each other at right angles with their legs and jump up and down to the beat (2.15)
8. Twist and Sheet: Walking backwards and forwards in a twisty stamping like motion with the knees brought well up. (1.10)
It would be great if people also wanted to get involved in other ways apart from just dancing like, lighting, props and makeup. Please PM me if your up for it.