DrownedinSound.com is europe's biggest independent music website. Alongside
our editorial content we have a buzzing user community and many social
features - user reviews, band ratings, recommendations, event listings and
so on. We also maintain a large database of artists, labels, releases,
venues and other music industry data.
We are looking for a Ruby developer to take over the day-to-day of our
existing sites plus the development of our new sites. Initially the work
will involve implementing some new layout designs, but will then move onto
development of new features.
We can be quite flexible about hours and working arrangements, although
ideally would like someone London or close to London who can spend the
majority of their working week in our offices in Paddington.
So drop us a line with some links to work you've done, and tell us why you
* Solid HTML and CSS skills
* Familiarity with MySQL and principles of relational databases
* Have worked successfully on a non-trivial web development project
* Knowledge of (and hopefully a passion for) Ruby and the Ruby on Rails framework
* A basic appreciation of object-oriented design
* Source control skills with SVN or similar
* An interest in independent music in the UK
* Experience in a small company team
* Experience keeping a track of bugs, features and specifications in a system like Trac, providing estimates and so on.
Employment terms: Salary
Email CV's and a email note about why you're right for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org