We're currently looking for some web development help, and thought we'd ask around amongst you message boarders before casting our net wider afield. So to speak. Here's the ad:
DrownedinSound.com is europe's biggest independent music website. Alongside our editorial content we have a buzzing user community and many social features - user reviews, band ratings, recommendations, event listings and so on. We also maintain a large database of artists, labels, releases, venues and other music industry data, and will soon be launching a series of new sites based around the core DrownedInSound ethos.
We are looking for a junior Ruby developer to assist with day-to-day development of the existing website, and with the development of these new sites.
We can be quite flexible about hours and working arrangements, although will prefer someone who's available to work regularly from our London office. Please drop us a line with a CV and, where possible, some links to your past work.
* Solid XHTML and CSS layout skills
* Experience developing dynamic websites with the Ruby on Rails framework (or: experience with a comparable MVC-based web development framework, willing and able to pick up Rails quickly)
* Some familiarity with relational databases (we use MySQL)
* Unix command-line skills
* An appreciation of object-oriented design
* Source control with SVN or similar
* An interest in independent music in the UK
* Experience in a small company team
* Experience keeping a track of bugs, features and specifications in a system like Trac
* Any more advanced Unix sysadmin skills